The US presidential election, in which Americans elect a president, will take place in 2020. We check what we already know about them: when exactly will they happen, and who is the candidate? We explain the rules of the election for the presidency of the United States and show the latest polls.
In this article you will find:
- When will the 2020 US presidential election take place?
- When will we meet the new US President?
- Who is the US Presidential Candidate?
2020 US Presidential Election: Date, Deadline. When is the US presidential election?
The US presidential election was held on November 3, 2020. The United States Election College is scheduled for December 14th.
2020 US Presidential Election: Results
Current election results presented by CNN:
Joe Biden – 253 election votes
Donald Trump – 217 election votes
2020 US Presidential Election: Rules 
- President of the United States Elected by the American Electoral College every four years.
- In the US presidential election, the general vote of each state elects a certain number of voters, which is calculated based on the number of members of Congress.
- Voting in most states in the United States is based on the principle that “the winner takes everything”, meaning that the voter receives the votes of all voters. It does not matter how big the difference in the number of candidates is – the winner will get all the election votes from one state. However, there are two exceptions: Nebraska and Maine, where votes are distributed proportionally depending on the election results.
- On November 3, Americans elect voters to represent Democrats or Republicans. On December 14, the electorate will gather and vote at the will of the electorate. We also know the official results of the presidential election.
- The victory of a candidate in a state does not mean that the votes of all voters who are representatives of the state are automatically allocated to the person who wins the state. There are so-called cases of prostitution voters who vote differently from the state majority. Such a decision often imposes financial penalties on the voter. It is also noteworthy that the votes of “traitors” have never in history contributed to a significant change in the election results.
- The U.S. Electoral College has 538 voters. The presidential candidate needs the votes of 270 voters to win.
2020 US Presidential Election: Candidates [KANDYDACI NA PREZYDENTA USA 2020]
Donald Trump and Joe Biden will run in the US presidential election. Both politicians have already chosen possible alternatives for themselves. If he wins the election, he will be accompanied by Mike Pence with Donald Trump, and Biden with Kamala Harris.
2020 US President: Tenure
The term of office of the President of the United States is 4 years. After this period, the head of state of the United States may stand for re-election. Donald Trump used this opportunity to become President of the United States from January 20, 2017, and ran again in the 2020 election.
“Twitter’s irretrievable researcher. An amateur social media lawyer. Award-winning music expert. Became an addict. Easily lethargic.”