south korea vaccination
400 new infections and 95 deaths – this is the balance sheet Tuesday for the epidemic in Poland. From the following week, restrictions were increased in churches, and Adam Nidzelsky announced further restrictions would be eased. China has approved a COVID-19 vaccine for children and will vaccinate children at the age of three.
In today’s report, we summarize the latest information on the coronavirus pandemic from Poland and the world.
Less infection compared to last week
- 400 new cases of coronavirus were detected in Poland;
- 26 people died of Covid-19 and 69 deaths were reported as a result of coexisting infections with other diseases;
- In the last day, 193,313 people have been vaccinated against Covid-19 and more than 41,000 have been administered. Corona virus tests
- 2,983 out of 14,841 beds were occupied; In addition, 412 patients require ventilator support – this is 51 fewer than on Sunday;
- So far, 2,646,340 infected people have recovered.
The gene that protects against the acute form of COVID-19.
- British scientists have discovered a gene that occurs asymptomatic three times in people succumbing to COVID-19 compared to the general population;
- As the analysis showed, one of the HLA genes – HLA-DRB1*04:01 is three times more common in people with asymptomatic COVID-19. This gene is more common, for example, in northern and western Europe;
- This finding may explain why some people have COVID-19 but are not sick.
WHO cannot force China to provide data
- WHO Program Director, Dr. Mike Ryan, said the WHO cannot compel Chinese authorities to release more data about their research on the source of the COVID-19 pandemic;
- A team of international scientists under the auspices of the World Health Organization who visited Wuhan in early 2021 estimated that the most likely route was for the virus to pass from its natural reservoir through an animal medium;
- The head of the World Health Organization, Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, said more research is needed, and the leakage hypothesis will be looked at in the laboratory.
Confederation: The so-called Covid passports are against the constitution
- Union politicians believe that the so-called Covid passports are against Polish law and constitution and lead to “sanitary segregation;
- Paweł Usiądek of the National Movement called the introduction of covid passports the “apartheid vaccine”;
- Union politicians, on Tuesday, prepared a bill that guarantees the confidentiality of information related to vaccination against Covid-19.
The AppStore already has an app to read QR from the EU Covid certificate
- Health Minister Adam Nidzelsky announced that from today the AppStore can download an app to read a QR code as part of the EU Covid certification;
- According to the minister, the application will also appear on Google Play soon.
Adam Nidzelsky announced the easing of restrictions.
- By the end of this week, we will try to make specific proposals to lift further restrictions – Health Minister Adam Nidzelsky said;
- From June 6, exhibitions, conferences and conferences can be organized, with a maximum of one person per 15 square metres. 150 people may participate in events and gatherings. On public transport, a higher occupancy rate is allowed – 75 percent.
- Prime Minister Morawiki informed that he has taken the decision to increase the number of believers in churches from next week.
China has approved a COVID-19 vaccine for three-year-olds
- Chinese authorities have approved the original Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use among children aged 3 to 17;
- Sinovacu Director Yin Weidong said Friday that the company has conducted clinical trials on children, and tests have shown that the preparation is as safe for people between 3 and 17 years of age as it is for adults;
- According to the government’s plan, 560 million of China’s 1.4 billion people will be fully vaccinated by the end of June.
The interval between doses of mRNA vaccines – from Moderna and Pfizer – has been shortened.
- The Minister of Health permits vaccinations against COVID-19 in the National Immunization Program with Pfizer’s Comirnata after 21 days (no more than 42 days) between doses;
- COVID-19 Moderna vaccine after 28 days (no more than 42 days) between doses;
- Vaxzevria AstraZeneca should be given on a two-dosing schedule with 35 days (but no later than day 84) intervals between doses.
Mexican alternative. It is also found in Europe
- A team from the University of Bologna has analyzed more than one million genetic sequences of the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus. In this way, he identified a new species that had spread primarily in Mexico over the past few weeks;
- The variant described was responsible for more than 50 percent. In Mexico, but, for example, 2.7 per cent. in the United States of America. They are also present, albeit in small numbers, in Germany, Sweden and Switzerland;
- Thanks to the large amount of data collected in international studies, Italian scientists can monitor the situation in almost real time by observing the spread of different types of the virus in different regions.
Malaysians at Sitia Alam cemetery near Kuala Lumpur wearing protective gear carry a coffin with the body of a person who died of COVID-19.
wys / sgo / polsatnews.pl
“Analyst. Lovely avid bacon reader. Entrepreneur. Dedicated writer. Award winning wine ninja. Subtly endearing reader.”