June 12, 2022, h. 5:05 pm
Słowacki Park once again gathered crowds of Bielsko residents on Sunday afternoon. This time, the 22nd Biscade Science and Arts Festival is being held there. Science experiments, robotics, 3D printing, workshops and demonstrations on site. The big picnic will continue on the first day of the annual science festival until the 18th.
A special event has begun in Bielsko-Biała – the XXII BESCADE Science and Arts Festival. In Słowacki Park you stand with robots, experiments, first aid workshops, etc. that are open from the morning hours. Scientists and students from the University of Technology and Human Sciences in Bielsko-Biała explain the secrets of automation and robotics to the interested, remote, controlled cars and a virtual area waiting for the smaller reality.
Of course, there were also attractions in the form of face painting or artwork. There are also hooded pets and stilt walkers. Fire engines are shown, and Cartoon Film Studio has its own stand, where you can learn the secrets of creating cartoons. The special guest at the science outing is Carol Wojcicki—an astronomy enthusiast, traveler and photographer, who told in the BCK main hall what it’s like to stand in the moon’s shadow and what happens during a total solar eclipse.
Until 18:00 in the program, incl.
* University of Technology and Humanities for everyone! , i.e. amazing experiences, inspiring workshops and meetings with true science enthusiasts;
* What can young people do? Student Research Clubs Offers
* Cosmic success! Meet the V LO team – winners of the ESA competition
* Modern technologies in practice – industrial robots, 3D printers, thermal imaging
* Offers to extinguish explosive chemicals by the specialized group for chemical and environmental rescue
* Paradise for rent, i.e. a moving planetarium and combined astronomical observations
* FloJaMo – Creative Engineer’s Club
* Pomysłowa Fabryka – offers experiments for the youngest of them
* Cartoon Film Studio and the secrets of creating an animated movie
* Regional Pedagogical Library – Creation of mini-gardens, Kamishibai theater, programming and coding with uzobots
* Jazz Concert and Big-Band Entertainment led by Tomas Janusz of Zespó Państwowych Szkó Muzycznych im. Stanislav Muniuszko in Bielsko-Biała
* Roundabout hockey! Interview with hockey player Dan Cherry (USA)
* The great painting spoken by Prof. Ernest Zouadeh
* Climbing the wall of GOPR .’s Beskidzka group
* Science in Industry – Presentations by Nemak and Polmotors
Entry to all attractions is free. Tomorrow, on the second day of Flag Day, at 9:00 am Beskidzkie Dictando will be held with the participation of Prof. Jerzy Pralchik – a well-known and beloved linguist who specializes in the language of media, advertising and politics.
Text and image: Adam Kanek
This article has been viewed 1181 times.
average degree 4.7/5 for “Experiences in Słowacki Park. Crowd of people ready for pictures on Sunday afternoon“Based on 15th voices.
“Internet Geek. Food Enthusiast. Thinker. Beer Practitioner. Bacon Specialist. Music Addict. Traveler.”