Take-Two Interactive. interactive subscriber A report on the financial results for the first quarter of this year, as well as a statement for the previous accounting year, i.e. the period from April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022.
GTA 5 is still selling great
The report cannot be without results GTA 5.
- a discount Grand Theft Auto V Exceeded 165 million copies. This means that an additional 5 million units of the game have been sold since the previous quarterly report.
- However, this remarkable result is a little disappointing. consequences GTA 5 It’s been growing at a rate of 5 million every quarter for a long time, but this time some analysts expected an even bigger jump due to the release of the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X/S versions.
You may be interested in:
Other Take-Two Interactive Games Results
GTA 5 It’s the company’s biggest blow, but not the only one.
- a discount NBA 2K22 It exceeded 10 million copies, which means that the game performed slightly better than the previous version of the cycle in the same period of the premiere.
- In the first quarter of this year Red Dead Redemption 2 Finding an additional million buyers, thanks to the game’s sales reached 44 million units.
- In case WWE 2K22 No specific numbers were given, but it was reported that in the first four weeks after the premiere, the game performed significantly better than the previous two releases of the series.
- The company is also pleased with the results Wonders of Tiny Tina. No details were shared here either, but the game was the best debut of the new Take-Two series in many years. Interestingly enough, nearly 30% of production buyers have never played any version of the brand before Borderlands.
Take income and profits
Take-Two games are selling well, but there was also some negative information on the financial report. The publisher’s revenue is growing all the time, but there has been a decline in profits.
- In the first quarter of 2022, revenue was $930 million (an increase of 11%), and a profit of $111 million (a decrease of 49%).
- For the period 1.04.22021-31.03.2022, revenue was $3.51 billion (4% increase), and profit – $418 million (decrease by 29%).
“Player. Introvert. Problem solver. Creator. Thinker. Lifetime food evangelist. Alcohol advocate.”