- The tallest man in America was 234.5 cm, and his height was due to the tumor
- Igor Vovkowski is also known as “the biggest fan of Barack Obama”.
- In the media, he described how difficult it is to live with someone like him. – I always have to think: Am I risking my life? Nothing suited my height – he agreed
- Many such stories can be found on the main page of Onet.pl.
– Brother Ole was with him until the last. Just hours before Igor died, Ole’s wife and children arrived. Igor was glad to see them, though he was hard to say, and he tried to joke with his son-in-law Andre.
Seven-year-old Igor Vovkowski traveled from Ukraine to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, seeking treatment. Its abnormally rapid growth is caused by compression of the tumor against the pituitary gland, resulting in abnormal growth hormone. Igor height 234.5 cm.
“The world’s biggest Obama fan”
During the presidential campaign United States w 2009 r. Barack Obama He noticed Igor in the crowd. Vovkovinsky wore a T-shirt that read “The world’s biggest Obama fan.” That same year, he appeared on the show “Dr. Oz Advises”, where similar health ailments are presented. The judge of the Guinness Book of World Records recognized Igor as the tallest man in the United States. That’s when it became very popular.
Fortunately, fame did not translate for subsequent years. In 2012, Igor asked for help with the cost of shoes that had to be made specifically for him. Vovkovinsky said he had not had a pair of shoes in years because manufacturers did not make such large sizes. He asked 16 thousand internet users. Dollars, and contributors doubled, and Reebok made special shoes for free.
Igor Vovkovinsky during foot measurement by Reebok experts
Igor Vovkovinsky: Everything is a challenge for me
In an interview with “Australia” for 60 minutes he talked about the fear he felt during simple activities every day. – I always have to think: Am I risking my life? Nothing is right for my height, everything is a challenge – said Vovkovinsky.
Vovkovinsky became an actor. The most popular film with his participation was “Hall Boss”, a comedy that came out in 2011. By then, Igor was already mainly in commercials.
His older brother told the “Star Tribune” how his brother flew to Ukraine and became famous there because of his height. “Igor prefers a normal life rather than being identified,” he noted.
The tallest people in the world
According to the Guinness Book of World Records, the tallest man in the world is Sultan Kozan of Turkey, who is about 2.5 m tall. According to this source, the tallest man in history was Robert Pershing Watlow, who was 2.7 m. He died in 1940 at the age of 22.
:Ródło: Guardian, 60 minutes Australia
“Twitter’s irretrievable researcher. An amateur social media lawyer. Award-winning music expert. Became an addict. Easily lethargic.”