The inaugural meeting of the Scientific Policy Committee (KPN) was held at the headquarters of the Ministry of Education and Science. During the meeting, the members of the commission received appointments from the Minister of Education and Science, Przemyslav Ksarnik.
– Minister Przemyslav Ksarnik said during the ceremony that these twelve, who were appointed to the Committee on Scientific Policy, are people who will take care of implementing all the assumptions adopted by the Cabinet in the Great Document on Science Policy.
Science discovers the truth and this discovery of truth must also correspond to the interests of the Polish state and Polish society. This is the essence of politics, i.e. working for the common good. This common good is the personal development of every human being, a member of this society. This is what science must serve in all its fields and in all its specializations – the Minister of Education and Science emphasized.
The meeting was also attended by Deputy Minister Wojciech Mordzic. He referred to two documents received by new members of the Committee. One is the “Scientific Policy of the State”, and the other is a summary of the work prepared by the members of the previous commission.
– I think that this starting and working material will serve you well, because there are many new challenges. We are convinced that we must do everything in our power to ensure that science helps us to get out of various difficult situations wisely and put Poland in the international dimension in its proper and dignified position – said Deputy Minister Mrdzyk
Science Policy Committee
The Science Policy Committee is an auxiliary body to the Minister in the field of State science policy. It evaluates the implementation of the state’s scientific policy and gives an opinion on the documents submitted by the Minister. KPN consists of 12 members. The term of office is two years. The same person may be a member of the KPN for no more than two consecutive terms. The chair directs the work of the committee.
KPN consists of representatives of various scientific disciplines, representing leading Polish research and academic centers.
Formation of the Scientific Policy Committee for the period 2022-2024:
- the professor. Doctor Hebb. Arkadiusz Adamczyk – Jan Kochanowski University in Kielce
- the professor. Doctor Hebb. n. med. Elżbieta Starosławska – Oncology Center in Lublin District
- the professor. Doctor Hebb. M. Dariusz ydżba – Wroclaw University of Technology
- the professor. Doctor Hebb. Dariusz J. Gwiazdowicz – Pozna University of Life Sciences
- the professor. Doctor Hebb. Piotr Jaroszyński – Academy of Social and Media Culture in Torun
- Doctor Hebb. Philip Szymański, a. UKSW – Cardinal Stefan Wiesinski University in Warsaw
- Doctor Hebb. Małgorzata Podolak, A.; UMCS – Maria Curie Skodowska University in Lublin
- Doctor Hebb. Bartłomiej Biskup – University of Warsaw
- Dr. Thomas Wiesa – Maria Curie Skodowska University in Lublin
- Dr. Marcin Zarzeki – Cardinal Stefan Wiesinski University in Warsaw
- Dr. Ilona Gridzka – Catholic University of Lublin
- Dr. Krzysztof Duda – National Research Institute for Livestock Production in Balice