Croissant yeast is a delicious dessert that fits any occasion. Its big advantage is that it can be prepared with any filling: marmalade, fruit jam, chocolate. It’s a great idea to make poppy seed croissants this Christmas season. They are delicious and look beautiful on the holiday table!
Poppy seed croissant as an alternative to kutia
Poppy seeds are one of the symbols of Christmas. We often put kutia cake or poppy seeds on a beautifully decorated table. These are dishes that don’t taste as good at any other time as they do on holidays. However, they are often heavy – rich poppy seed cake or kutia puts a heavy burden on the digestive system. If we want to stay in shape and at the same time not give up eating poppy seeds at Christmas, it is good to reach for croissants with poppy seeds.
The croissant is very small, so it doesn’t have a lot of poppy seeds in it. It is prepared on a soft and fluffy yeast dough, and simply melts in your mouth. If only for this reason, it would be worth making them for Christmas!
How to make a poppy seed croissant?
The key to making delicious poppy seed croissants is making a good dough. It needs to be thin and soft so that the same croissants come out. How do you make it?
Recipe: Croissant with poppy seeds
The poppy seed croissant is the perfect delicious yeast croissant for Christmas.
- kitchen type
- Preparation time
- 60 hours
- Cooking time
- 25 hours
- Number of shares
- number of calories
- 0.5 kg of wheat flour
- 200 ml of warm milk
- 1 sachet of dry yeast
- Half a pack of poppy seeds with dried fruits
- 2 haha
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- cinnamon pinch
- Vanilla extract
- Frosting (2 tablespoons icing sugar and 1.5 tablespoons orange juice in proportion)
- Orange peel
How to prepare
- set startIt is worth starting to prepare yeast croissants by adjusting the yeast yeast. To enjoy delicious croissants, you need to mix dry yeast together in 3 tablespoons of warm milk and 2 tablespoons of flour. It is necessary to add half a teaspoon of sugar so that the yeast begins to work. Leave the dilution for 10 minutes, covered.
- Dough preparationWhen the volume of yeast increases, we begin to prepare the dough. We mix the flour with milk, eggs, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla essence and yeast. Knead the dough until it becomes soft and fluffy. This can be done by hand or with a stand mixer with hooks for yeast dough.
- Set the dough aside for an hourLeave the kneaded dough for an hour in a warm place. When it grows, divide it into several parts and roll it on a board. Cut circular circles from each bun like dumplings. Then we stuff it with poppy seeds and roll it up to make a croissant.
- bake croissantsBake the croissants for 25 minutes at 180 ° C. When cool, cover each one separately and sprinkle with orange peel. enjoy your meal!
This is one of the best Christmas cookies. Hilal recipe with almonds and vanilla
“Internet Geek. Food Enthusiast. Thinker. Beer Practitioner. Bacon Specialist. Music Addict. Traveler.”