- Harris wrote: “During my talks with Prime Minister Morawiecki in Warsaw (…) I made it clear that (…) we can deal with the climate crisis, enhance energy security in Europe, and deepen the strategic partnership between the United States and Poland.
- – The choice of the US company Westinghouse to build the first Polish nuclear power plant announced by Poland is a major step towards strengthening relations with Poland and a clear signal to Russia that we will not allow energy to be used as a weapon – said US Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm on Friday
- According to the announcements of the Polish Prime Minister and the Polish government, Westinghouse will be Poland’s partner in the construction of the first two planned nuclear power plants, which will be built in Pomerania as part of the state programme.
- More interesting information can be found on Onet homepage
“During my talks with Prime Minister Morawiecki in Warsaw and phone conversations, I made it clear that partnering with the United States on this project is beneficial to all of us: we can deal with the climate crisis, strengthen Europe’s energy security and deepen the strategic partnership between the United States and Poland,” Harris wrote.
– The choice of US company Westinghouse to build Poland’s declared first Polish nuclear power plant is a major step towards strengthening relations with Poland and a clear signal to Russia that we will not allow energy to be used as a weapon – American Energy Secretary of State Jennifer Granholm said on Friday.
“Polish Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki has just announced that Poland will choose the US government and Westinghouse for the first part of the nuclear project valued at $40 billion, creating or maintaining $100,000 jobs for American workers,” Granholm tweeted, commenting on the decision.
– This is a big step towards strengthening our relations with Poland in order to create energy security for future generations. (…) This message also sends a clear signal to Russia: We will no longer allow it to use energy as a weapon. She added that the West will unite against this unjustified aggression while diversifying energy supply chains and strengthening climate cooperation.
According to the statements of the Prime Minister and the Polish governmentWestinghouse will be Poland’s partner in the construction of the first two planned nuclear power plants, which will be built in Pomerania under the state programme. The first of the three power plant reactors are scheduled to be completed in 2033, and the following reactors will be delivered every two years.
The question of who will build the second power plant is still pending. Westinghouse, Korea’s KHNP and France’s EDF are all competing.
Friday’s announcement was the result of, among other things, recent talks between Deputy Prime Minister Jacek Sassen and Minister of Climate and Environment Anna Mosqua in Washington. Sassin then said that during these talks it was possible to clarify most of the differences. He added that when the decision was made, the plans of Westinghouse and the United States of America to establish a nuclear energy center for the entire region of our country were important for Poland.
Created Date: Today 00:21
“Internet Geek. Food Enthusiast. Thinker. Beer Practitioner. Bacon Specialist. Music Addict. Traveler.”