September 27 this year. The Minister of National Defense, Head of the Ministry of Interior and Administration, Mariusz Kaminsky, spoke at the joint press conference. Marius Bazczak and Commander in Chief of the Border Guard Forces, Thomas Braga. The topic was the activities of the Polish state on the Polish-Belarusian border. State officials supported themselves with a presentation and material they found on a memory card allegedly owned by refugees.
We remember this show very negatively. In response, we have prepared our copy for the Ministry of Interior and AdministrationWhich refers to the most important international agreements on refugee rights ratified by the Republic of Poland, the text of the Polish Constitution on this issue and one of the last statements of the Ombudsman, reminding him that refusing to accept the request for international assistance is contrary to Polish law.
The offer includes, among others:
- United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rightswhich states that “everyone has the right to seek and enjoy asylum in another country in the event of persecution” (Article 14).
- Geneva Conventionwhich states that “No Contracting State has extradited or will in any way return a refugee to the frontiers of the territory where his life or liberty would be threatened on account of his race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group or political belief” (Article 33).
- European Convention on Human Rights He, in turn, speaks of the prohibition of discrimination “on grounds such as sex, race, colour, language, religion, political or other beliefs, national or social origin, membership of a national minority, property, birth or any other grounds” (Article 14).
- Constitution of the Republic of Poland, where we can read: “The status of a foreign refugee seeking protection from persecution in the Republic of Poland may be granted in accordance with international agreements binding on the Republic of Poland” (Article 56).
- Speech of the human rights defender before the Prime Minister of the Arab Republic of Egypt 20 August 2021, where it stated: “The non-acceptance of applications for international protection from foreigners residing in the border area near Osnars is a violation of the law.”
Presentation on refugees Gazeta.pl
We also cite our journalists’ texts on the refugee situation. This is ia a reportage by Ewa Jankovska entitled “Marta asked if she knew anyone who had already helped. She nodded, but didn’t want to reveal who”. In the text, the journalist describes what life is like in Krinki PodlasieThe first to appear were immigrants who crossed the Polish-Belarusian border.
We also remember Anna Alboth’s text, which describes the sea route by which emigrants reach the Spanish islands. “Barcelona or death. Since they got on the boat, it means they have nothing to go back toThe author talks to refugees in Spain. One of them, Adam, says: “Is it not ironic that the great boats that catch fish from our waters and leave us nothing come from European countries that do not supply us with Senegalese. Visas or legal job opportunities? Why can every European come to Senegal and we can’t work for you? Tough and even seasonally? “.
According to the United Nations, there are 26 million refugees in the world outside their country, and another 48 million refugees internal. According to Filippo Grandi, the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees, “Behind each of these numbers is a man forced to leave his home and a history of displacement, expropriation and suffering.”
We also present a report from Gazeta.pl journalist Patryk Strzałkowski, who traveled to Lebanon, where he spoke with refugees from Syria.
Patrick Strykowski also described how the coast guard in Turkey holds refugees. He penetrates rafts with his hook. Then they sail in a motorboat to make the waves knock on it, Matthias Pigmo told our journalist. Together with Anna Björk, he conducted a journalistic investigation into one of the dozens of boats that sank while crossing from Turkey to Europe.
Presentation on refugees Gazeta.pl
The contents of our memory card are summarized in a presentation ready to use. It is enough to replace the Gazeta.pl logo with the logo of the Ministry of the Interior and Administration and hold a new press conference. We encourage you.
Today on Gazeta.pl you will find materials from our journalists and journalists on the topic of refugees, as well Links that lead to payments for border workers Salvation Foundation.
“Analyst. Lovely avid bacon reader. Entrepreneur. Dedicated writer. Award winning wine ninja. Subtly endearing reader.”