WP SportoweFakty / Jakub Malec / Pictured: Adam Ellis in a blue helmet
The National Speedway in Manchester once again hosted the participants in the singles final of Great Britain. Rory Schlein was defending the title, but he wasn’t a favorite.
It was clear from the start that the conflict would be very even, and that is what happened. Before the Final Starts series, four contenders had 10 points each. The clash of three of them was scheduled to take place in race 19.
A moment earlier, Daniel Bewley had lost a point, which meant that the battle in the Heat 19 was for victory on the main stage. Adam Ellis, who had a great drive from the outside, took the opportunity and got a huge advantage. In addition, Charles Wright denied Bewley a direct promotion to the Finals.
Watch the video Did Hampel and Leopard have a grudge against the Kubera?
Adam Ellis was the best in the rainy second part of the competition, and in the end he won the championship. He did not give his rivals any chances in the final race. The hosts’ favorite, Daniel Bewley, came in second, and Charles Wright completed the podium.
Retired champ Rory Schlein finished 12th away. Thanks to the victory, Ellis became the 31st British champion in history. Let’s add that this competitor has not been able to stand on the podium in the national championship before.
Results (from: speedwayupdates.proboards.com):
1. Adam Ellis – 13 + 3 (1,3,3,3,3,3) – 1st place in the final
2. Daniel Bewley – 12 + 3 + 2 (3,1,3,3,2,2) – 2nd place in the final
3. Charles Wright – 12 + 1 (1,3,3,3,2,1) – 3rd place in the final
4. Chris Harris – 11 + 2 + 0 (3,1,2,2,3,0) – 4th place in the final
5. Kyle Howarth – 10 + 1 (2,3,3,2,in) – 3rd place in qualifying
6. Scott Nichols – 10 + 0 (3,2,2,1,2) – 4th place in the qualifiers
7. Craig Cook – 9 (1,0,2,3,3)
8. Louis Kerr – 9 (2,3,1,1,2)
9. Steve Worrall – 8 (3,2,1,1,1)
10. Daniel King – 6 (0,1,2,2,1)
11. Simon Lambert – 6 (2,0,1,2,1)
12. Rory Schlein – 5 (D, 2,0,0,3)
13. Richard Lawson – 5 (2,2,0,1,0)
14. Ben Parker – 2 (1,0,0,0,1)
15th. Anders Roe – 1 (0,1,0,0,0)
16. Paul Stark – 1 (0, d, 1.0, d)
17. Josh Bates – ns
Running after running:
1. Nichols, Lambert, Parker, Schlein (T2)
2. Harris, Howarth, Cook, King
3. Bewley, Kerr, Ellis, Stark
4. Worrall, Lawson, Wright, Ru
5. Wright, Nichols, Bewley, Cook
6. Howarth, Schlein, Rowe, Stark (D4)
7. Kerr, Worrall, King, Lambert
8. Ellis, Lawson, Harris, Parker
9. Howarth, Nichols, Kerr, Lawson
10. Ellis, Cook, Worrall, Shaline
11. Bewley, Harris, Lambert, Rowe
12. Wright, King, Stark, Parker
13. Ellis, King, Nichols, Roo
14. Wright, Harris, Kerr, Schlein
15th. Cook, Lambert, Lawson, Stark
16. Bewley, Howarth, Worrall, Parker
17. Harris, Nichols, Worrall, Stark (D4)
18. Shaleen, Bewley, King, Lawson
19. Ellis, Wright, Lambert, Howarth (w/u)
20. Cook, Kerr, Parker, Roo
The semi-finals. Bewley, Harris, Howarth, Nichols
last. Ellis, Bewley, Wright, Harris
– My Bermuda Stal Gorzów will strengthen the U24 position. President Marek Grzeb is preparing for a real blow!
– The former manager is convinced who will choose Stal Gorzów as U24. It’s the missing link.
Report a bugWP SportoweFakty
Great Britain Singles Championship Charles Wright Daniel Bewley Great Britain Auto Race Europe Great British Auto Race Adam Ellis
“The uncomfortably humble TV fan. Twitter generalist. Extreme music enthusiast. Internet connoisseur. Social media lover.”