In an interview with polskatimes.pl, the head of the US office in Warsaw pointed out that Polish-US relations are in good shape, and relations between the two countries remain intact.
– We are connected by the deep historical and institutional ties that bind the United States and Poland – thanks to all Americans with Polish roots, as well as security and military ties within NATO. We have linked investment relations, the joint commitment to support democracy in Belarus and Ukraine, as well as everything between these regions. Overall, it gives us a similar perspective on the many issues that our countries and the world are struggling with. Poland is a great partner and in general – from this point of view – like-minded partner – He argued.
Pix Aliu pointed out that “raising the profile of the promotion and protection of democracy and human rights” is a priority of Joe Biden’s policy. – Sometimes we disagree, but two self-confident, close democracies, the United States and Poland speak without hesitation about our common values and strategic interests. – he said.
When asked about the meeting between the US President and Andrzej Duda in Warsaw, the diplomat responded incorrectly.
– Because of the epidemic, President Biden has made the fewest foreign trips ever. His first foreign trip was a trip to Brussels, where he met with President Andrzej Duda. Presidents Biden and Duda attended one of several online events in which the latest Govt summit in September was on the sidelines of the UN General Assembly.– he said.
Aliu also mentioned that he was crossing his fingers for quick approval Marek Presinsky To the US Ambassador to Poland.
Atomic Power Station
As the diplomat emphasized, cooperation in the field of nuclear energy is one of the most important aspects of Poland’s relations with the United States. Westinghouse is proposing to implement plans to build a nuclear power plant in Warsaw with its AB1000 nuclear reactor. – We are currently in technical discussions regarding the organization and funding of this project Ali said.
– Poland It wants safe and advanced nuclear technologyAnd the United States is proud to support this ambitious plan. Our partnership in the development of the Polish civilian nuclear program is important to achieve the EU’s emissions reduction goals and to strengthen its energy security. As a clean, safe and reliable source of energy, nuclear power provides access to clean, continuously supplied and affordable energy – Added
When asked about the German-Russian gas pipeline issue, Pix Aliu said a lot of misunderstandings have arisen recently.
– This is Germany’s worst business plan; A bad business plan for Europe. It is a Russian geopolitical project that threatens the energy security of Europe, Ukraine and NATO allies in the east. He announced.
– Thanks to the restrictions, Poland was able to delay the implementation of the plan for a long time to create its own alternative gas supply. It was a huge success. But when the NS2 was 95% complete earlier this year, it became clear that sanctions would not stop the project. Therefore, we have negotiated pledges and guarantees with Germany to reduce the risks associated with the Nort Stream 2 gas pipeline. – He explained that, thanks to US diplomatic efforts, Germany was able to supply gas to Ukraine and stagnate the third energy package for this gas pipeline.
Germany confirmed the supply of gas to Ukraine and used a third power package for Nort Stream 2.
– This is a better decision than laying a gas pipeline without mitigating the risks to Ukraine and other elements of European security. Pix Aliu said.
“Twitter’s irretrievable researcher. An amateur social media lawyer. Award-winning music expert. Became an addict. Easily lethargic.”