- We have a championship, so far it hasn’t been particularly friendly to us as a result. In the final in 1937, in the amateur era, we had Jadwiga Jędrzejowska. In the professional era, our record holders are Wojciech Fibak, who made his way to the quarter-finals in 1980, and Agnieszka Radwańska and Iga Świątek appeared here in the 21st century in the 1/8 finals.
- Iga charmed the entire sports world with consecutive victories on the tour. But in the stadiums, the scenery changes quickly and Iga knows that too
- “I feel like the last few weeks in Toronto and Cincinnati have been very nervous and turbulent for me,” she said. – When I came to New York, it was easier for me to relax. Maybe because I lost – she added
- More such stories at Onet Sports Review. Visit our new site!
The last Grand Slam tournament awaits us, which from the Polish point of view remains a mystery at this point. You’ll find the full tournament arcs here And you can follow closely the competitors and routes of New York in Świątek, Hurkacz, Linette, Fręch and Majchrzak.
Iga starts competing with Italian Yasmine Paolini, Hubert with German Oscar, and Magdy will play with Czech Karolina Pliskova and Canadian Rebecca Marino, respectively, and Camille with Chilean Alejandro Tabello led by new coach Marcel de Codrai.
We think everyone will make it to the second round, although of course there could be failures. We support Biao-Czerwony with all our hearts, but we must also remember that tennis is also very beautiful because of its unpredictability. And those who rank higher sometimes are daunting, too. History shows that in recent years not everyone has succeeded in realizing their “American dream” …
Jędrzejowska was in the final
We have a championship, so far it hasn’t been particularly friendly to us as a result. In the final in 1937, in the amateur era, we had Jadwiga Jędrzejowska. In the professional era, our record holders are Wojciech Fiback, who in 1980 made his way to the quarter-finals and in the fifth set tiebreak with Johan Kriek he was a hair away from climbing, Agnieszka Radwijska and Ija Šwietic appear here already in the 21st century at 1/ 8 final. Isia five times, her youngest compatriot once – in the previous season. Now, of course, the young champion from Raszyn dreams of improving this score. Before the tournament, she said for a long time that New York was her inspiration.
– It’s the perfect city for a few weeks. However, I would not choose it as a place to live permanently, as I am more than a person who needs a quiet place with a suitable environment for rest. And there’s always a lot going on and it’s all buzzing with life – make it clear, Svetek, during Open Media Day in the US.
When she left the Big Apple a year ago, she probably didn’t think she’d return to him as the biggest star. However, in the spring after Ashley Barty retired from her career, she became number one, and quickly proved that she was truly unparalleled. With 37 consecutive wins on the Tour, it fascinated the entire sports world. But in the stadiums, the landscape is changing rapidly and Iga knows that, too. In the summer I found out the hard way. Today the situation is completely different from what it was in June.
“I feel like the last few weeks in Toronto and Cincinnati have been very nervous and turbulent for me,” she said. – When I came to New York, it was easier for me to relax. Maybe because I lost. Now I’m lowering my expectations and focusing on improving my mood – said the world’s first smiley rocket.
Step by Step
So Iga changes the way of thinking. In other big cities she has been gaining ground at a rapid pace, but at the US Open at the moment she has been climbing the stairs. In 2019, she played in the second round, then the third, and then the fourth. In this version, if this pattern is preserved, there must be a quarter-final. However, we all know that Swiatek, even if he doesn’t say it, is fighting to the limit for the full bet.
At the US Open I want to try and discover more and more. But honestly, I love this party. I love him since childhood, when you saw Serena or Roger on TV – you remember it. Today she wears the shoes of celebrities, and she shines like them during charity meetings – she herself “co-organizes and sponsors”, as in July in Krakow or now before the Flushing Meadows tournament. Such events also show how important they have become.
I want to do everything in my power to keep learning, because that’s what tennis players have to do. I know how hard it can be to find the balance sometimes to actually focus on the right things. I’m trying. I stressed that I would like to be consistent throughout my career and stay in the top 10 for as long as possible.
Hubert Hurkacz has similar dreams, and our other actors are a little different, but they can also touch America’s tennis paradise. We hope you succeed. Ladies and gentlemen, Happy New York!
Created Date: Today 07:57
“The uncomfortably humble TV fan. Twitter generalist. Extreme music enthusiast. Internet connoisseur. Social media lover.”